Researchers have investigated kitchen drains and found live bacteria. Water usually runs down your drain, so bacteria living in the drain don’t tend to contaminate your sink. Dial A Maid Usa suggests following the below guidelines, as promoted in “Organic Housekeeping” by Ellen Sandbeck.
1. Grease build-up is the biggest cause of sewer overflows. Hardened fats can also clog pipes, so refrain from pouring grease down the drain. Scrape meat drippings and used cooking oil into a can. If you store your drippings can and meat scraps in the freezer until garbage day, animals will not be attracted to your garbage.
2. Unless you have a garbage disposal, do not put food down your drain. If you do use a garbage disposal, you can clean, deodorize, and sharpen its blades at the same time by grinding up ice with lemon and orange peels.
3. Use a drain strainer to prevent bits of food from washing down the drain.
4. Chemical drain cleaners are extremely dangerous. Avoid them.
5. If your kitchen drain begins to stink or slow down, pour a half cup baking soda down the drain and chase it with a cup of white vinegar. Fizzing will occur. When it stops, pour a pot of boiling water down the drain. Your drain will be left clean, fast, and sweet smelling.
Enameled Surfaces are composed of glass melted onto a metal base. This surface, just like other glass, is easily damaged by acids and abrasives, and will crack or chip if it is hit with a hard object. Following the below suggestions will help keep your Porcelain, Enameled surfaces and sinks beautiful and serviceable for years to come.
1. Don’t allow food or beverage residues or metal cans to remain on the porcelain surface.
2. Clean your enameled sink with hot water and mild dish liquid or baking soda, then rinse well with plain water.
3. If you need to scrub the sink, use a plastic netting scrubber or plastic sponge that won’t scratch.
4. If your sink gets stained, pour a little consumer strength, 3 per cent hydrogen peroxide, on a clean, wet cloth, rub it on the stain, and rinse it off immediately. Don’t allow it to sit on the surface for more than a couple of seconds.
We, here at Dial A Maid Usa hope the above has been helpful.E-mail us at email@example.com with any comments or additional suggestions for Porcelain, Enameled Surfaces and Sinks.